ReallyTopDrawer

Monday, October 26, 2009

Soiree Spread

I had a lovely little soiree this weekend - my first shin-dig in the new digs. I once again learned the lesson of not trying new recipes when you'll be serving them to other people (though they all turned out fine in the end, it was stressful and, as always, took more time than I expected), but over all it was a great party. Reconnected with some old friends, and had an excuse to make lots of tasty food for people I love.

On the menu:
Brie en Croute with Raspberry Jam, Cahill Porter, and Goat Cheese with Garlic and Herbs
Dates a la D-Bar
Fresh Veggie Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce
Assorted Mini-Quiches, Spanikopita, etc
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Lemon Shortbread Tarts
Ginger Snap Cookies
Beer
Wine
Cranberry Punch

Here's a photo of the spread:

And the beverages (note how easily a desk can be transformed into a bar!):


And a close-up of the yummy punch, complete with frozen cranberries to keep it cold (I know, how very Martha Stewart, right?):

My apartment worked quite well for entertaining, so I expect to host more soirees in the near future... perhaps a potluck before my favorite holiday tradition of seeing Santaland Diaries?? :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home