ReallyTopDrawer

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Birthday Goodies

To console myself after my macaroon failure, I thought I'd post a couple of recent culinary triumphs! I made two delicious creations for my birthday this year...

For the family party, I made a yummy New York Style Cheesecake. I think this was the first America's Test Kitchen recipe I ever made. This was my fourth time making it and it is totally reliable and 100% delicious!



For the party with pals, I made a Vanilla Cake with Grand Marnier Syrup, Raspberries and Vanilla Frosting. The cake and frosting were from ATK. I brushed the syrup into the cake before assembling and nestled a few strawberries between the layers. This cake is inspired by a fabulous D-Bar creation. My version didn't match exactly, but was tasty nonetheless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home