ReallyTopDrawer

Monday, March 30, 2009

Drug Smuggling on the Amtrak

After we crossed into Nevada, two undercover cops busted somebody at Sparks, NV with 4 pounds of pot. (I wrote cocaine in my journal but I don’t think you can smell cocaine through the bag, you’ll see what I mean later).

I saw the two guys in the lounge car- they were just these big guys who looked like they used to play football. And then I got back to my seat I heard them asking the guy behind me his name and where he was going. Apparently the guy behind me was friends with some other cops who probably knew this cop, and they chatted about how cops are spending more time to catch people trafficking drugs via train now. He had a little badge attached to a chain on his belt.

Moments later everyone on the other side looked out the window to see some guy being busted. Somehow the passengers could tell it was 4 pounds by looking, and apparently for that much you’ll get 20 years in the federal pen if you are trafficking it across state lines. Someone else also made the comment that if you don’t pack it in an airtight bag, you’ll definitely smell it. They were also surprised that the cops didn’t bring a dog onto the train. The theory is that they got a tip so they were looking for someone specific. This episode generated about a good 20 minutes of conversation in the train car and I was amazed at how much people knew about this topic. Shows you how unworldly I am.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're a group of volunteers and opening a brand new scheme in our community. Your website offered us with valuable information to work on. You have performed a formidable activity and our whole neighborhood might be grateful to you.

Feel free to surf to my web page: body mass index chart

 

Post a Comment

<< Home