ReallyTopDrawer

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Random food encounters this weekend

1. Why would a fast food restaurant ever make a soft drink container that doesn't fit into cup holders? I just came back from Burger King with a medium and a small drink for my parents. While the drink carrier they gave me is perfectly fine for carrying the drink out of the restaurant, it doesn't realize stabilize the drinks once I got them onto my car. I tried putting both drinks into the cupholder, but the medium drink didn't fit at all (aren't those 7 Eleven super gulps constructed so they can still fit into the cupholder?). It seems like Burger King bought unused movie theater drink cups and just printed their own logo on it.

I did try putting them on the floor on the passenger side, but they flipped over after the second or third turn in the parking lot. Grrr.

2. Clam pancakes.

My mom and I went to the Original Pancake House for breakfast yesterday. I had a baked pancake (the Dutch Baby) that was pretty good, but it tasted more eggy than your typical pancake.

My mom opted for the clam pancakes. I was really skeptical but they actually tasted good. The clams were cooked enough that they didn't taste too clam-y (didn't taste salty and sea-like). The pancakes were thin, their texture and taste were more like crepes than the fluffy pancakes we make at home, and the clams were layered between the thin layers of pancake.

Maybe I'll try the bacon waffles next time (yes, with the bacon mixed into the batter).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home