ReallyTopDrawer

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Birthday cake for my dad

Thanks to Nancy for the extremely yummy buttercream frosting recipe. It's amazing what three sticks of butter and that much powdered sugar can accomplish. The Christmas plate was the only large round plate I had that I could use to try to emulate Nancy's "spin and frost" moves that I remembered from Mame's wedding.

The three layers, from top to bottom, are yellow cake, fudgy brownie, and red bean cake. I was a little nervous about all the diffrent flavors and textures (spongy, solid, springy/bouncy/gooey) but it turned out well.

If you stop by tomorrow I'd be happy to serve you a piece :)
Posted by Picasa

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:25 AM, Blogger Nancy Drew said...

Yum-o! So glad it worked out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home