ReallyTopDrawer

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Cup o' Cake

Yesterday, I stumbled across this recipe for cake-in-a-mug. So I tried it last night!

Who hasn't found herself craving some chocolate cake, but with none on hand and no time to bake?! Here's the solution: an individual chocolate cake that you can bake in less than 5 minutes, start to finish (Take that Rachael Ray!).

The recipe:
4 Tbsp flour
4 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 egg
3 Tbsp milk
3 Tbsp veg oil
3 Tbsp chocolate chips (or other candy of choice)
splash of vanilla

Combine dry ingredients in a coffee mug. Add the egg and mix (the mixture will be pasty and seem all wrong, but just hang in there). Then add milk and oil and stir. Mix in chocolate chips and vanilla. Microwave on high for 3 min. in a 1000 Watt microwave, or 4 min. in a 700 Watt microwave. Enjoy!

Here's what mine looked like when it was finished (forgive the crappy photo quality, my camera is on the fritz so I was reduced to my phone camera):

I decided it needed some ice cream to go along with it:

The cake itself is pretty dense and a little bit tough. We're not exactly going to be putting the D-Bar out of business with this one. But for a last-minute chocolate craving fix, it does a decent job. I might try fiddling with the recipe a bit to see if I can get a better result. Will post updates if I have any success!

1 Comments:

At 3:21 PM, Blogger Marcia said...

This is pretty cool. I know that feeling -- when it is time for cake, but there's no cake. I am excited for your baking experiments to see whether you can turn the 5 minute cake into a 5 minute masterpiece.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home