ReallyTopDrawer

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Culinary Apocalypse

I consider America's Test Kitchen to be basically infallible when it comes to cooking and baking. That's why I was shocked - SHOCKED - when an ATK recipe failed me this weekend! I tried to make macaroons and this was the result:

What the heck?! The goo binding all that coconut together just separated out, pooled and burned. So sad! I just don't know how to make sense of a world where America's Test Kitchen fails me. It's a very simple recipe and I followed it precisely. Perhaps it's an altitude thing?? I just don't know!!!

1 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Blogger suzaaku said...

That is so weird. It kind of looks like the time I tried to make meringue without an electic beater (bad bad baaaaaad idea).

Plus I never used altitude baking instructions when I was in Denver, so it doesn't seem like that should be the issue.

If you send me the recipe I can try it from a place closer to sea level.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home