ReallyTopDrawer

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Waiting for HaPot...


Due to popular (well, Nancy Drew's) demand. Here are pictures from the Denver celebration. The Tattered Cover was crowded but not as crowded as we feared. Mame braved the lines and brought back some much needed caffeine and we caught up on our celebrity gossip while we waited. There were some great costumes- especially the Umbridge ones. There were also some schoolgirl costumes (the ones at Hogwarts probably aren't that short) and a pair of girls with Mrs. Fred Weasley and Mrs. George Weasley t-shirts. The line moved really quickly and we probably got our books less than 5 minutes after midnight. We were lucky and stood in the voucher line so no one had to stop and pay. It reminds me a little bit of that Visa commercial where everything runs very smoothly and quickly until someone tries to pay cash.

I also enjoyed the book. It was much tighter than the earlier books and I wonder how they are going to adapt it for the movie. I wonder if there will ever be another phenomenon like this again. Before this, who could imagine that we would be lining up at midnight for BOOKS! In full disclosure, I did go to the midnight showing of Star Wars I. Some friends slept out for tickets so I sat in line around 7 or 8pm with a few other people and then ran in to save a block of seats. The book was worth it. The movie was not.

1 Comments:

At 6:06 AM, Blogger Nancy Drew said...

Such cute photos!! I love you girls so much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home