ReallyTopDrawer

Monday, July 16, 2007

Halloween Pressure!!

I've never been one to get super into Halloween, but one of my friends here throws a big Halloween bash every other year, and I'm already feeling the pressure to come up with a fun costume for the occasion. Despite a lack of planning, I've managed to come up with some pretty good costumes in the past few years. Last year, I went as my future self winning an Oscar (based on a desire to wear a pretty dress for the evening). The year beofre that I was Sydney Bristow in the pilot episode of Alias. And of course, there was the classic Nina Totenberg costume of '03.

This year I am totally stumped. I need inspiration! Any thoughts or suggestions, friends? Favorite costumes you've seen/worn in years past?

7 Comments:

At 7:02 AM, Blogger Dan Drayer said...

Uh, what exactly does a Nina Totenberg costume look like??

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Nancy Drew said...

It involved a suit, a "press pass" with Nina's photo on it, a legal pad, and a bunch of geeky friends who love Nina as much as I do. I think I have a picture. I'll see if I can find, scan, and post it. No promises though.

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Dan Drayer said...

Yes, I'd like to see this photo. I bet Nina would too....

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Marcia said...

I like current event inspired costumes. Scooter Libby, Valerie Plame, or maybe Executive Priviledge? How would that be for a costume. Maybe I'll be a "cut-and-run-er."

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Tenly said...

I like Mame's idea. Of course, you could always go the Harry Potter route - maybe not one of the main characters, but find somebody somewhat obscure - perhaps one that doesn't quite make it into the movies, or one that would be unexpected.

I just asked Kevin and he said to chill...

I guess it IS still July, after all! :-)

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Nancy Drew said...

:) Tell Kevin thanks - he's probably right. I like the current event ideas. I'll have to keep that in mind and see what is happening in the news come Fall. And Harry Potter definitely has potential as well. One of the kids at the HP party Friday was dressed as Prof. Umbridge, which I thought was fun and unexpected.

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger suzaaku said...

Maybe you can dress like a famous Elizabeth and a famous Ann (one on the left, one on the right). Hey! Maybe you can dress up as the Elizabeth Edwards v. Anne Coulter debate!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home