ReallyTopDrawer

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Brides (and Brides-to-Be): Would you trash your dress?

A friend recently forwarded this Salon article, Wedding Trashers, to me recently and I'm kind of fascinated by it. Even more fascinating is the web site that inspired it, trashthedress.com.

On the one hand, wedding dresses seem like such sentimental objects that it's hard for me to imagine just ruining mine outright (assuming one day I have occasion to buy one). But really, it seems silly to just keep it forever, never to be worn again. Why not have a fun photo shoot and get some beautiful images to keep forever. Because really, some of those photos are just stunning.

What do you all think? Any brilliant insights about what this trend says about modern feminism?

3 Comments:

At 1:44 PM, Blogger Tenly said...

Bring your bridesmaid dress out next week and we'll trash 'em together!

So, to answer your question, yes I would, and very likely will, thank to your post. Probably can't schedule it for next week, but...

...perhaps!

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger suzaaku said...

I just looked at the photos and I had envisioned trash the dress as a more violent occasion- more paint and destruction and mayhem. but that could just be a reflection of me :p

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Tenly said...

What it says about modern feminism is that wedding photographers have found a way to get repeat business!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home