ReallyTopDrawer

Friday, June 22, 2007

Pie Crust for the Pie-Crust-Challenged

Pie Crust recipe from the Longaberger Cookbook:

2 cups flour
1/2 Tbsp sugar
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup lard
1 small egg, beaten
1/2 Tbsp vinegar
1/4 cup water

Sift together four, sugar and salg. With a pastry blender or two knives, cut in the lard until mixture resembles course crumbs. Mix together egg, vinegar and water, then add to flour mixture. Mix until dough is moist enough to form a ball. Wrap in plastic and chill for 30 mintues. Divide dough in half and roll out just like any other pie crust.

I never use lard - I usually use Crisco, but sometimes butter. Also, I don't usually have small eggs on hand, so I just use what's in the fridge (usually large) and it doesn't seem to matter.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 12:14 PM, Blogger Marcia said...

Can't wait to give it a shot. If it was not 100 degrees today, I would cook this right now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home