ReallyTopDrawer

Monday, July 23, 2007

HP and the Deathly Hallows: Reviews and Party Updates

Well, the Harry Potter party I went to here in the 'Burg was a little crazy - many screaming adolescents crammed into our little college bookshop. But it was fun. The kids were dressed up and in high spirits. Sadly, none of my pals here are big Potter fans, so I went to buy the book alone. Everyone thought it was quite funny that I left our carousing at a downtown bar to go buy Harry Potter. They just don't understand.

Sounds like the shindig in Denver was great fun, but I'll let Mame, Ramona and Suzaaku report on that.

I enjoyed the book even more than I expected. I thought Rowling did a great job of wrapping up the many loose plot lines that had been developed over the years. It was a pretty intense read - really not many slow points and my heart was racing many times. I'll try to avoid blatant spoilers here, but I will say that I liked how Harry really seemed to grow up in this book. He seemed more confident and in-charge. You could definitely feel him becoming an adult.

I really want to go back and read the series from the beginning now. There were so many characters who popped up, and so many references to objects/adventures/lessons from other books, I sometimes found myself having to think hard to remember what they all meant.

Hooray for a thoroughly satisfying end to a delightful series!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home