ReallyTopDrawer

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Classic Books of My Childhood


Lately I've been on a streak of reading the classic books of my childhood. So far my favorite has been Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH. I LOVED this book as a kid, and it's really just as good now. So fun. Everyone should read it.

Others I've read so far include The Witch of Blackbird Pond, Ramona and Her Mother, and The Westing Game. All terrific. One the docket for the next couple of weeks are a couple of Babysitters Club books, The Egypt Game, From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler, The Boxcar Children, A Wrinkle In Time, and a couple selections from the Anastasia series.

I devoured books as a kid. I think the Harry Potter books were key in turning me back on to recreational reading after years of high school and college required reading. They capture my imagination in the same way the books of my childhood did. What a gift.

What are your favorite childhood faves? Anything else I should add to my list?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home