ReallyTopDrawer

Friday, February 10, 2006

Mascots


I've been following the Today Show's lead up to the winter olympics. This morning, in addition to Katie Couric shopping with one of the figure skating contenders at Saks (tough life, I know), they brought out the mascots, Neve and Gliz.

Now, you may say that since I come from a school where our teams are named after a color and our mascot is a tree, I can't really judge.

But a snowball and an ice cube?!? I guess it is winter themed, and I don't know if I could ever design a mascot, but I just think they should be cute, and more symbolic somehow. Maybe I'm too demanding. There have been worse Olympic mascots (like Izzy from Atlanta, which reminds me of Springy the coil of spring from the Simpsons episode where they try to host the Olympics) but you figured if they're spending billions of dollars on this event and expect to make billions from marketing, it'd be cuter or more artistic or just more something...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home