ReallyTopDrawer

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Holiday Highlights

I just returned from my holiday trip to CO, and what a trip it was! Family, friends, snow, and lots of fun. A few of the highlights:

ASPEN! As always, it was fun to catch up with so many friends and former colleagues in Aspen. And we RTD gals learned an important lesson about windshield wiper fluid.


PLAYING TOUR GUIDE! One of my Lynchburg pals came to visit for a few days - it was his first trip to the Rocky Mountain West, and I think he's pretty smitten with the big sky country. We had fun skiing/boarding in Winter Park, exploring the REI flagship store, learning about Dough for Dummies, and much more. I love showing off my home town to my friends!


SANTALAND DIARIES! Once again, Gary Culig was hilarious as David Sedaris's elfin self. Plus, a fabulous potluck dinner before the show, and drinks afterward with so many of my favorite people.


ADORABLE NEPHEWS! My family is so great. Mom and I had fun shopping together, and the whole family got to spend quite a bit of quality time together. My two nephews are funny and sweet as ever. We went to Build-A-Bear together, which I highly recommend for family fun. I also got to enjoy Zoo Lights with my fabulous sister-in-law and my older nephew. It was DANG COLD out, but we had lots of fun. Hooray for hot chocolate on cold Denver nights!


NEW BRUNCH SPOT! Have you been to Steuben's? It's a super-hip retro diner at 17th and Pearl. Very funky place, full of hipster 20- and 30-somethings. I had a terrific brunch there (don't miss the French Toast!!), and the rest of the menu looks great as well. I'll definitely be frequenting this joint whenever I'm in Denver.

PUFF PASTRY GALORE! Diana and I rang in a Very Puff Pastry New Year with our menu on the 31st. Beef en Croute, Vegetable Napoleons, and Gringo Churros - I think we brought the cuisine of Neige sur le Plage to new heights. Photos to come.

4 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Blogger suzaaku said...

we also learned an important lesson about marshmellows...

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Nancy Drew said...

Ahhhhh, yes! Marshmallows and uncooked spaghetti! I left the base for my camera in D-town, so it will be a few days before I can post photos - but there are a couple good ones of our marshmallow roasting!

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger dgatschet said...

Those raspberries look so....so....so normal.

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Tenly said...

I LOVE STEUBEN'S! I've only been there once, though. I need to try the brunch.

Kevin and I *finally* went to the Buntport Theater tonight for Starship Troy! It was great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home