ReallyTopDrawer

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Shrek the Halls!

Last night, ABC premiered a new holiday special, Shrek the Halls, starring all of the original cast members of Shrek. I had a couple of gal pals over to watch and eat gingerbread and we loved it! It's cute and funny and sweet - just what you'd expect a Shrek special to be. I think my favorite part was when the Gingerbread Man sneezed a chocolate kiss. Funny! Also, who knew ogre babies were so darn cute?

For you crafty types, may I recommend taking a cue from Shrek and hanging a toilet seat wreath on your door for a festive touch?

I also recommend Emeril's Gingerbread recipe from the Food Network web site. Very tasty, very easy, and particularly excellent under a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Yum!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Blogger Marcia said...

I'm adding a bow to my gorgeous toilet seat wreath right now!

Also -- what say you all re: Emeril being AXED from the food network.

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Ramona Quimby said...

Yum.....

Recipe forthcoming for gingerbread bread pudding, Nancy?

Good riddance to Emeril I say. Bring back Sara Moulton. I miss her show.

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Nancy Drew said...

I agree with Ramona. Emeril isn't my favorite FN chef, and his Live show annoyed me. And it's not like they're kicking him off the air entirely. That show's been on for 10 years, and his Essence of Emeril show isn't going anywhere.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home