ReallyTopDrawer

Thursday, November 15, 2007

cheap ass landlord

So I got my deposit back today. Not only is it past the 30 day mark (both in terms of moving out and the end of last month), he also deducted $77 for cleaning and cleaning supplies. Let's note that the manager who did the walk through (to be fair, who isn't actually the landlord) said the place looked fine. Also, when I moved in, the place definitely wasn't thoroughly cleaned. There was semi-solid liquid in the fridge drawer. I scrubbed and cleaned a lot in my first days in the apt and I definitely left it cleaner than when I got it. And over time they've been so slow to fix stuff (a/c, fridge) that I can't believe he had the gall to deduct my deposit.

I just did a quick google of colorado renter's rights, which i know there aren't many. So I have rights if they haven't returned my deposit at all and if they didn't itemize the deductions.

Good riddance i say. I guess you really do get what you pay for. And don't rent from Frank K at 970 Penn and whatever other properties he owns. It might look nice but it's rotten underneath.

2 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Blogger Marcia said...

Landlords all suck, basically. I think they should have to give you your check when you do the walk through. Cause really -- what would it have taken for us to do another little bit of cleaning in exchange for that $77? I mean really.

 
At 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does the landlord's name happen to be Frank Kyes? I'm renting from this slumlord now and have experienced nothing but troubles with his negligence. Just curious if it's the same scumlord -thanks for your time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home