ReallyTopDrawer

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

"Alternative" bookstores


My mom took pictures of this newspaper article in Taiwan and sent them to me.

So I love books and I love reading and I used to sit in Barnes & Noble for hours on end. But even I'm not quite sure I'm ready for beds and different room settings(e.g., bathroom) in a bookstore. As comfy and homey as that may be. I think I'd just feel really weird about it.

I do have to say it's pretty creative, though. They charge 100 NT (roughly 3 bucks) an hr to read on the bed and I'm not sure about the "toilet"...

I've asked my mom to go and check out what the scene is really like and take pictures. And also to see what other settings this bookstore came up with.

Just when you thought couches were the most homey things they could put in a bookstore...

1 Comments:

At 7:12 AM, Blogger Nancy Drew said...

I don't know...it seems odd to pay money to read on a bed, when you can just read on your own bed for free. But I can see why that would appeal to people. The bathroom set-up, however, seems way too icky. I'll stick to the comfy chairs at Tattered Cover for now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home