ReallyTopDrawer

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Co-ed Baby Showers

Ahh, how I love the modern world. I just got back from a baby shower and I'm mildly tipsy from the lovely Shiraz from a box (quite tasty indeed) and laughing quietly about the silly fun that we all had. This baby shower was a far cry from the baby showers of yesteryear. There were boys there. There was wine (and beer too). And lots of funny mingly conversations. We did have one shower game -- in which we guessed the bigness of "mommy's" tummy. I lost. Spatial skills are simply not my forte.

It has been quite a busy weekend. Friday night was marked with what I affectionately dubbed the "nerd reunion." Given that I am quite the nerd myself (though also quite fabulous too!) I am alllowed to dub Friday evening get togethers as such. In attendance were several fellas from my side-kick Spaceman's science past. It was quite a pleasant evening, but oddly quiet -- the nice science guys were not the most conversational bantering chit-chatters of the world. We went to My Brothers Bar. I highly recommend the JCB -- Jalepeno Cream Cheese Burger. Yum!

Saturday night was a gorgeous girls night out for a girl friends birthday. And the food was magnicient! http://www.zengorestaurant.com/ I had a cucumber mojito which sounds bizarre but tastes delicious. The small plates of won ton tacos, bangkok ceviche and fried plantains dazzled us dazzling gals. Of course, we are in Denver, so at least 1/2 of the patrons of this swanky establishment were dressed up in simply clean blue jeans and a new t-shirt.

1 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Blogger Nancy Drew said...

Sounds like a terrific weekend! Mmmm, I love My Brother's Bar. I've never been to a co-ed baby shower, but it sounds like this one was a success.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home