ReallyTopDrawer

Monday, March 27, 2006

Am I Snarky Enough?

I think not.

I have just realized that all of my posts and comments on this page reveal me to be more of a happy cheery oh yay! type. Which is somewhat accurate. But also, I think that I do have my edgy side, but the edge never visits here at ReallyTopDrawer.

Did you know that last week, I was dying to post about AnimalAttraction.com after I'd read about it in our local paper. It's a online dating site, which I am generally quite approving of, since that's where I met my one true love. But on this particular site, you not only write a description of yourself, your DOG or your CAT writes a description of you. You can only imagine "My mommy is so nice to me, she always gives me treats, and she will give you a treat too . . ."

But last week, I got stymied because I went to the site to pick out of a couple of profiles to lampoon here on ReallyTopDrawer and I realized that the guys on there all seem pretty interesting and sweet and even a little bit funny . . . and it does not help that since I've met my one true love, I have gone soft on doggies too - and all the dogs were so cute in the pictures.

It is ridiculous! I couldn't even bring myself to snark, even just once. Who am I?!? What has become of me?!?

7 Comments:

At 8:05 AM, Blogger Nancy Drew said...

This is an interesting question. Your good-finding is one of my favorite things about you. And even your snarkiest comments are rarely mean-spirited. But there is snark and wit in you. (I am remembering our good-natured mocking of Colorado Matters, and the many variations of "tears are the rain in the garden of life.") Perhaps because the forum is public and written it is harder to commit to a snarky attitude?

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Marcia said...

Yay! Good-finding! Give me an G, Give me an O, Give me an O ....

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Ramona Quimby said...

I think you are *gasp* the sweet one in our crowd.

If its any consolation, I know you to be quite snarky when the occasion presents itself.

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger suzaaku said...

at least you're not mild and even-tempered :p

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger thew said...

Happy cheery oh yay! types of the world unite!

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Marcia said...

not mild, suzaaku, mellow! I think you are a fiesty and even-tempered. But you tell me what you think you are!

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger suzaaku said...

i think i'm generally too stressed and short-tempered to be considered mellow. i like fiesty

 

Post a Comment

<< Home