ReallyTopDrawer

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Type Casting?

Well, it's time once again for the fall musical at our little community theater here in town. Last year, as you may recall, I was a Kit Kat Girl in Cabaret. Much fun was had by me with the pole dancing and corset wearing. This year, the show is The Best Little Whorehouse In Texas and I am cast as Beatrice...that's right, a whore again.

I'm starting to get a complex! I mean, sure, it's fun to dress up in skimpy clothes once in a while, but am I destined only to play women of loose morals?

For serious, though, I am very excited about the show! I've had a few months off from life upon the wicked stage, and it will be fun to dive back in. I'll keep you posted with stories and photos from my new adventures as a woman of questionable virtue.



P.S. What other fun euphemisms for whore can we think of? Woman of the night? Practicer of the world's oldest profession?

9 Comments:

At 1:27 PM, Blogger Ramona Quimby said...

Are you being typecast or does your small, conservative town have an obsession with theatre about fast women?

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Marcia said...

yeah, what ramona said. Do you have Paint My Wagon on the roster for next year?

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Nancy Drew said...

No, actually it's Pumpboys and Dinettes. While that show has nothing to do with whores, it certainly does sound dirty!

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Marcia said...

it does sound dirty . . . . but fun!

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger suzaaku said...

maybe the way to deal with their repression is to exhibit/watch it on stage

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Dan Portnoy said...

How about woman of the Bight, house of ill repute, umm Your mutha's a whore, Trebek. Rode hard an put away wet? How am I doing, should I continue?

 
At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, as I recall it is pretty hard *not* to get cast as a whore in Cabaret and the Best Little Whorehouse in Texas... right? So if type casting is going on, it is 'cuz your small virginia town is full of whores and you are the only dame around who can act!

-T

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Tenly said...

Does this development help with your Halloween costume at all?

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger Nancy Drew said...

Excellent points, all. It's true that the odds are high for getting cast as a whore in those shows, if one gets cast at all. So I really can't take it personally. Besides, it's pretty fun.

Hey T - just leaving your initial is so mysterious! Who are you? It's fun to know who's reading our blog. At least give us a hint.

And Tenly, you're right this could give me some inspiration for Halloween. Perhaps I'll go as an angel or a virgin, to balance my image.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home